Reasons to support H.3866 making crossbows legal for all hunters:
- Crossbows are legal in 46 other states.
- Massachusetts currently allows crossbow use by disabled persons by permit.
- H.3866 allows professional managers at The Division Of Fish and Wildlife to regulate crossbows as they currently do for all other archery equipment.
- Crossbows sales would increase Pitman Robertson funding for conservation of both game and non-game species.
- Crossbows are quick, quiet, and effective on all types of game.
- Crossbow hunting increases options for hunters and wildlife managers in areas where firearms are prohibited, and populations are high.
- There are no documented cases of non-hunters being injured by archery equipment in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Please vote for H.3866 and make crossbows legal for all hunters.